My approach to counselling:
I am a registered member of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers and the Ontario Association of Mental Health Professionals. My approach is trauma informed, holistic, non-judgemental, compassionate and collaborative. My main goal is to connect with you and create a safe space in which you feel safe to explore and process what you are experiencing.
Approaches currently informing my work include:
- Narrative Therapy (NT): A non-blaming approach where the client is seen as the expert of their experience and problems are viewed as separate from people. Narrative therapy uses respectful curiosity to explore stories and uncover the skills and values clients already have to reduce the influence of problems in their lives.
- Solution-Focused Therapy (SFBT): A short-term, future-oriented, and goal-directed model of therapy that works with client preferences. Through collaboration, clients become motivated to achieve and sustain new experiences.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT): A behavioural approach to mindful psychotherapy, engaging self-awareness, acceptance of difficult experiences, and committed movement towards a value-driven life.
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT): A humanistic, developmental approach that is focused on reshaping internal and external patterns of relational engagement by preferencing emotional experiences.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): A widely used behavioural model of psychotherapy that focuses on recognizing and shifting problematic patterns in thinking, behaviour, and emotions
Grief and Loss
Anxiety and Depression
Stress and Burnout